The Bears got the ball to start the game Friday night. They’d end up keeping it for most of the night as they beat Fremont (Oakland) 48-0.

Sophomore Jaden Brocchini again got the call as starting quarterback. And the Bears’ first play of the game? A handoff to junior Nicholas Veach for a 16-yard gain and a strong start to the evening.

With just two minutes off the clock the Bears were knocking at the endzone on the Tigers’ 15 yard line.

Junior Charlie Olsen started the scoring for the Bears with a rushing touchdown and the Bears took a 7-0 lead with 9:30 to go in the first quarter.

On the next play the onside kick was the right choice as the Bears caught the Tigers off guard. Christopher St. John short-kicked it to a confused Tigers team and then fell on the ball to give Summerville another quick possession.

On the next series, Brocchini went for it on a fourth and nine. One step out of bounds on an otherwise strong run would give the Bears their first look at the Tigers offense.

That would turn out to be one of few offensive missteps by the bears.

On the first play of the Tigers’ possession? Summerville tackles for a loss.

Second play? Fumble, Bears recover on a stripped ball.

Another quick score on a run by Veach gave the Bears a 14-0 lead after the successful point after.

The Bears pinned the Tigers deep in their own territory and forced a quick three and out.

Jordan Craddock helped get the next offensive series underway with several receptions from Brocchini before Mike Litzler entered the game at the quarterback for a run play that gave the Bears a first and goal. Litzler put the next touchdown on the board on the next play, giving the Bears the 21-0 lead with 2:51 left in the first quarter.

The Tigers couldn’t break through the Summerville defense and were forced to punt the ball away once again after a punishing sack.

Two plays into the second quarter and another Bears touchdown, a good PAT and a 28-0 lead.

The Bears stumbled a bit later in the first half after a bad snap gave the Tigers Red Zone placement on an attempted punt. But the Tigers couldn’t convert and turned it over on downs with about three minutes to go in the first half.

And that’s how the first half would end. A dominant offensive showing from the Bears.

Christopher St. John kicked off for the Bears from the 40 yard line to start the second half after the Tigers were penalized for returning late after the halftime break.

Without a second off the clock, the Tigers took a timeout. Their first play was a pass that was nearly intercepted by a towering Bears offense.

Another delay of game and a sack put the Tigers on their heels again early as they were forced to punt.

A bad punt by the Tigers gave the Bears a shot from the 20 yard line. On the first play Joshua Caldera scooted up the field scoring another touchdown. Bears 35. Tigers still scoreless.

Mike Litzler then forced a fumble on the punt return and the Bears had yet another offensive opportunity.

Caldera took it from there and scored seconds later. Bears 42. And with about 7 minutes to go in the third, the referees called for the running clock.

St. John would take over for the Bears at the quarterback position as the offense continued to roll.

In the end, the Bears would rack up 48 points against the Tigers, picking up their second win of the season heading into their a road game next week at Argonaut.

It’s Summerville’s first Mother Lode League matchup of the season.

The game starts at 7 p.m.