The Mother Lode’s death toll from COVID-19 continued to mount on Wednesday with both Tuolumne and Calaveras counties each reporting a new fatality from the deadly virus, in addition to more new cases.
Calaveras County announced the death of a woman in her 60s to COVID-19 on Wednesday after reporting four additional deaths the previous day, bringing the total number of residents in the county who have died from the disease to 81 since the pandemic began.
There were also 12 new coronavirus cases in Calaveras County on Wednesday, though public health officials there do not disclose the vaccination status of new cases and deaths.
Tuolumne County also reported on Wednesday that an unvaccinated man in his 70s had died from COVID-19, which brought the total number of dead during the pandemic to 107. There were also 19 newly confirmed cases.
The number of hospitalizations also continued to increase from nine on Tuesday to 11 on Wednesday, with 164 active cases.
No new information was provided by the Tuolumne County Public Health Department on Wednesday regarding an outbreak at an undisclosed local care facility that had sickened 11 residents and staff, two of whom were unvaccinated and hospitalized as of Tuesday.
News cases in Tuolumne County on Wednesday were identified as a girl younger than 12, a girl and boy between 12 to 17 years old, a woman between 18 and 29, two women in their 30s, five women and a man in their 40s, three women in their 50s, a man in his 60s, a man in his 70s, and a woman and a man in their 80s.
When you should get tested: Five days after travel or close contact with others outside your household; as soon as possible if experiencing symptoms; and/or every 14 to 28 days if regularly working with the public.
Testing is available from:
• Local health care providers;
• Adventist Health Sonora, call first: (209) 536-5166;
• Rite Aid at 855 Mono Way, Sonora: www.riteaid.com/pharmacy/services/covid-19-testing
• Mother Lode Fairgrounds, 220 Southgate Drive, Sonora — 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. seven days a week. Appointments are recommended and can be scheduled at www.lhi.care/covidtesting or by calling (888) 634-1123.
• Book vaccine appointments at https://myturn.ca.gov or call (833) 422-4255.
• Homebound residents in Tuolumne County can contact email@example.com or (209) 533-7440 for a mobile vaccination appointment. They or their caretakers can also go to https://myturn.ca.gov and select “homebound.”
• CVS and Rite Aid stores in Tuolumne and Calaveras counties: sign up at https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine or www.riteaid.com/pharmacy/covid-qualifier
• Adventist Health Sonora: find more information at www.adventisthealthsonora.org/covidvaccine or call (209) 536-5165.
• The Safeway pharmacy: register at mhealthsystem.com/3127tuolumne or call (209) 533-7812.
• The Save Mart pharmacy: register at https://savemartluckysched.rxtouch.com/smsched/program/covid19/Patient/Advisory or call (209) 536-1118 for Sonora store.
• Twain Harte Pharmacy: call (209) 586-3225 for information and appointments.
• Groveland Pharmacy: call (209) 962-5211 for information and appointments.
• Information on VA Clinic vaccinations: https://www.va.gov/health-care/covid-19-vaccine
Contact Alex MacLean at firstname.lastname@example.org or (209) 768-5175.