Calaveras County reported an additional death from COVID-19 and 36 new cases on Thursday, while Tuolumne County had 27 new cases and no additional deaths.
The deceased Calaveras County resident was identified as a man in his 60s, though his vaccination status was unknown because the public health agency there does not release that information for cases or deaths.
There were 218 cases in Tuolumne County that were active on Thursday out of a total 6,550 since the pandemic began, which includes 4,930 in the community and 1,620 among inmates at Sierra Conservation Center outside of Jamestown.
Four of Tuolumne County’s 27 new cases on Thursday were vaccinated individuals.
The new cases were identified as two girls and two boys under 12 years old, two girls and one boy between 12 and 17, one man between 18 and 29, four women and two men in their 30s, one woman and four men in their 40s, one man in his 50s, one woman and three men in their 60s, two women in their 70s, and one man in his 80s.
There were also four people in the county who were hospitalized for the deadly virus on Thursday.
The county’s running average of cases for the previous two weeks dropped to 41.9 per 100,000 residents on Thursday, down from 43.3 on Wednesday.
The county’s vaccination rate among those 12 and older who are eligible to receive the vaccine was at 59% on Thursday.
A total of 103 county residents have died from COVID-19 throughout the course of the pandemic up to Thursday, which includes at least 30 since Aug. 1. Only two of those confirmed deaths were people who had been vaccinated.
When you should get tested: Five days after travel or close contact with others outside your household; as soon as possible if experiencing symptoms; and/or every 14 to 28 days if regularly working with the public.
Testing is available from:
• Local health care providers;
• Adventist Health Sonora, call first: (209) 536-5166;
• Rite Aid at 855 Mono Way, Sonora: www.riteaid.com/pharmacy/services/covid-19-testing
• Mother Lode Fairgrounds, 220 Southgate Drive, Sonora — 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. seven days a week. Appointments are recommended and can be scheduled at www.lhi.care/covidtesting or by calling (888) 634-1123.
• Book vaccine appointments at https://myturn.ca.gov or call (833) 422-4255.
• Homebound residents in Tuolumne County can contact email@example.com or (209) 533-7440 for a mobile vaccination appointment. They or their caretakers can also go to https://myturn.ca.gov and select “homebound.”
• CVS and Rite Aid stores in Tuolumne and Calaveras counties: sign up at https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine or www.riteaid.com/pharmacy/covid-qualifier
• Adventist Health Sonora: find more information at www.adventisthealthsonora.org/covidvaccine or call (209) 536-5165.
• The Safeway pharmacy: register at mhealthsystem.com/3127tuolumne or call (209) 533-7812.
• The Save Mart pharmacy: register at https://savemartluckysched.rxtouch.com/smsched/program/covid19/Patient/Advisory or call (209) 536-1118 for Sonora store.
• Twain Harte Pharmacy: call (209) 586-3225 for information and appointments.
• Groveland Pharmacy: call (209) 962-5211 for information and appointments.
• Information on VA Clinic vaccinations: https://www.va.gov/health-care/covid-19-vaccine