No one in Tuolumne and Calaveras counties was hospitalized for COVID-19 on Wednesday, as each reported a small number of new cases.
Tuolumne County had two new community cases for the day, while Calaveras County added three. There were also no additional deaths reported in either county.
The new cases in Tuolumne County were identified as a girl younger than 18 and a woman in her 30s.
In addition, the Tuolumne County Public Health Department announced it will be discontinuing its online vaccine inquiry form on Thursday and transitioning exclusively to California’s MyTurn system to register for upcoming COVID-19 vaccination clinics and schedule appointments.
Appointments for the department’s next scheduled clinic on April 22 are now available through MyTurn, which can be accessed at https://myturn.ca.gov or by calling (833) 422-4255.
Only eligible groups statewide will be able to sign up through MyTurn until April 15, which includes everyone 50 and older, 16 to 64 with defined health conditions and identified business sectors. Anyone 16 and older will be eligible after that date.
See below for more information on testing and vaccinations:
When you should get tested: Five days after travel or close contact with others outside of your household; as soon as possible if experiencing symptoms; and/or every 14 to 28 days if regularly working with the public.
Testing is available from:
• Local health care providers;
• Adventist Health Sonora, call first: (209) 536-5166;
• Optum Serv state testing sites: The Mother Fairgrounds, 220 Southgate Drive, Sonora — 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday through Thursday; and Groveland Youth Center, 18950 Highway 120 — 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursdays.
Appointments to state testing sites are recommended and can be scheduled at www.lhi.care/covidtesting or by calling (888) 634-1123.
• The Tuolumne County Public Health Department continues to distribute COVID-19 vaccine doses to all individuals 16 and older, Call (209) 533-7440 to make an appointment, or visit www.tuolumnecounty.ca.gov/1317/COVID-Vaccine online for more information.
• CVS and Rite Aid stores in Tuolumne and Calaveras counties: Sign up at https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine or www.riteaid.com/pharmacy/covid-qualifier.
• Adventist Health Sonora: Find out more information by going to www.adventisthealthsonora.org/covidvaccine or call (209) 536-5165.
• The Safeway pharmacy: Register at mhealthsystem.com/3127tuolumne.
•Twain Harte Pharmacy: Call (209) 586-3225 for information and appointments.
• The Calaveras County Public Health Division has a clinic at Frogtown, 2465 Gun Club Road, outside Angels Camp. Register for appointments at https://bit.ly/3dZqvDh or call (209) 419-7314.
• To find out if you’re eligible and register for available vaccination clinics, visit: https://myturn.ca.gov/.