One new case of COVID-19 was detected in Tuolumne County on Friday, while Calaveras County had five.
The new case in Tuolumne County was identified as a man in his 40s. Additional information was not provided about Calaveras County’s new cases.
Staff at the Tuolumne County Public Health Department continued to promote a Pfizer vaccine clinic that’s scheduled to take place Tuesday.
Anyone age 16 or older may register for an appointment for Tuesday’s clinic at https://myturn.ca.gov/, or by calling 833-422-4255.
Questions about MyTurn and the registration process can be directed to the department at Health@tuolumnecounty.ca.gov, or (209) 533-7440.
See below for the latest statistics and information on testing and vaccination opportunities:
All data current as of April 30 unless otherwise noted:
Total cases: 4,105 (2,688 community; 1,417 SCC inmates)
Active cases: 11
Active hospitalized: 0
Tests conducted: 90,995
Vaccines given: 37,402
Total cases: 2,095
Active cases: 14
Active hospitalized: 0
Tests conducted: 40,090
Vaccines given: 30,120
California: 3,638,132 total cases; 60,467 deaths; 60,015,928 tests conducted; 29,846,479 vaccines given.
United States: 32,315,363 total cases; 575,551 deaths.
World: 150,793,484 total cases; 3,170,879 deaths.
Sources: Tuolumne County Public Health Department, Calaveras County Public Health Division, California Department of Public Health, John Hopkins University.
When you should get tested: Five days after travel or close contact with others outside of your household; as soon as possible if experiencing symptoms; and/or every 14 to 28 days if regularly working with the public.
Testing is available from:
• Local health care providers;
• Adventist Health Sonora, call first: (209) 536-5166;
• OptumServ state testing sites: The Mother Fairgrounds, 220 Southgate Drive, Sonora — 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays; and Groveland Youth Center, 18950 Highway 120 — 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday.
Appointments to state testing sites are recommended and can be scheduled at www.lhi.care/covidtesting or by calling (888) 634-1123.
• The Tuolumne County Public Health Department: To find out if you’re eligible and register for available vaccination clinics, visit: https://myturn.ca.gov/.
• CVS and Rite Aid stores in Tuolumne and Calaveras counties: Sign up at https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine or www.riteaid.com/pharmacy/covid-qualifier.
• Adventist Health Sonora: Find out more information by going to www.adventisthealthsonora.org/covidvaccine or call (209) 536-5165.
• The Safeway pharmacy: Register at mhealthsystem.com/3127tuolumne.
• Twain Harte Pharmacy: Call (209) 586-3225 for information and appointments.
• The Calaveras County Public Health Division has a clinic at Frogtown, 2465 Gun Club Road, outside Angels Camp. Register for appointments at https://bit.ly/3dZqvDh or call (209) 419-7314.