Tuolumne County announced the death of another resident to COVID-19 and 36 new cases on Tuesday.
The person who died was identified as an unvaccinated man in his 60s. He’s the 99th county resident to die from COVID-19 over the course of the pandemic, with only two of those confirmed to be people who were fully vaccinated.
More than a quarter of the county’s total deaths from the virus have been reported since July 1, when the toll was at 71.
As of Tuesday, there were 270 active cases and 12 people in the county who were hospitalized for the deadly virus.
New cases on Tuesday were identified as one boy younger than 12, two boys between 12 and 17 years old, four women and one man between 18 and 29, four women and five men in their 30s, two women and one man in their 40s, five women and two men in their 50s, two women and one man in their 60s, and four women and two men in their 70s.
When you should get tested: Five days after travel or close contact with others outside of your household; as soon as possible if experiencing symptoms; and/or every 14 to 28 days if regularly working with the public.
Testing is available from:
• Local health care providers;
• Adventist Health Sonora, call first: (209) 536-5166;
• Rite Aid at 855 Mono Way, Sonora: www.riteaid.com/pharmacy/services/covid-19-testing
• Mother Lode Fairgrounds, 220 Southgate Drive, Sonora — 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. seven days a week. Appointments are recommended and can be scheduled at www.lhi.care/covidtesting or by calling (888) 634-1123.
• Book a vaccine appointment at https://myturn.ca.gov or call (833) 422-4255.
• Homebound residents in Tuolumne County can contact email@example.com or (209) 533-7440 for a mobile vaccination appointment. They or their caretakers can also go to https://myturn.ca.gov and select “homebound.”
• CVS and Rite Aid stores in Tuolumne and Calaveras counties: Sign up at https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine or www.riteaid.com/pharmacy/covid-qualifier
• Adventist Health Sonora: Find out more information by going to www.adventisthealthsonora.org/covidvaccine or call (209) 536-5165.
• The Safeway pharmacy: Register at mhealthsystem.com/3127tuolumne or call (209) 533-7812.
• The Save Mart pharmacy: Register at https://savemartluckysched.rxtouch.com/smsched/program/covid19/Patient/Advisory or call (209) 536-1118 for Sonora store.
• Twain Harte Pharmacy: Call (209) 586-3225 for information and appointments.
• Groveland Pharmacy: Call (209) 962-5211 for information and appointments.
• Information on VA Clinic vaccinations: https://www.va.gov/health-care/covid-19-vaccine