Tuolumne and Calaveras counties each had one new case of COVID-19 on Thursday, prompting a reminder from public health officials about the continued importance of individual prevention efforts as more restrictions are lifted.
“In addition to getting vaccinated, wearing a mask, washing your hands, physical distancing, avoiding crowds, and not going to work or school when sick continue to provide layers of protection for each person, their loved ones, and our community,” the Tuolumne County Public Health Department said in a daily update on coronavirus cases.
The lone case in Tuolumne County was identified as a woman in her 60s, though information was not provided about Calaveras County’s case. Neither county had any hospitalizations due to COVID-19 for the second day in a row on Thursday, as well.
Tuolumne County also transitioned to California’s statewide MyTurn system to register for upcoming vaccination clinics. See below for more information on testing and vaccinations:
When you should get tested: Five days after travel or close contact with others outside of your household; as soon as possible if experiencing symptoms; and/or every 14 to 28 days if regularly working with the public.
Testing is available from:
• Local health care providers;
• Adventist Health Sonora, call first: (209) 536-5166;
• OptumServ state testing sites: The Mother Fairgrounds, 220 Southgate Drive, Sonora — 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday through Thursday; and Groveland Youth Center, 18950 Highway 120 — 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursdays.
Appointments to state testing sites are recommended and can be scheduled at www.lhi.care/covidtesting or by calling (888) 634-1123.
• The Tuolumne County Public Health Department: To find out if you’re eligible and register for available vaccination clinics, visit: https://myturn.ca.gov/.
• CVS and Rite Aid stores in Tuolumne and Calaveras counties: Sign up at https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine or www.riteaid.com/pharmacy/covid-qualifier.
• Adventist Health Sonora: Find out more information by going to www.adventisthealthsonora.org/covidvaccine or call (209) 536-5165.
• The Safeway pharmacy: Register at mhealthsystem.com/3127tuolumne.
•Twain Harte Pharmacy: Call (209) 586-3225 for information and appointments.
• The Calaveras County Public Health Division has a clinic at Frogtown, 2465 Gun Club Road, outside Angels Camp. Register for appointments at https://bit.ly/3dZqvDh or call (209) 419-7314.