Support offered to visually impaired
The Visually Impaired Persons support group meets from 10 to 11:30 a.m. on the first Tuesday of the month at the Sonora Hills clubhouse off Greenley Road in Sonora.
The purpose of the group is to discuss the challenges of vision loss, share and offer solutions to independent living concerns, and to provide support and encouragement as well as information and education.
For more information, call Bob or Carol Rogers at (209) 532-2373.
Weight-loss support offered
Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS), a weight-loss support group, meets from 10 to 11 a.m. Tuesdays at the Tuolumne County Library, 480 Greenley Road in Sonora.
For more information, call (209) 213-9265.
PTSD support offered in Sonora
A secondary PTSD support group meets from 6 to 8 p.m. the third Tuesday of every month at the Tuolumne County Senior Center, 540 Greenley Road, Sonora.
The peer support group is not a substitute for therapy or professional counseling, but is a safe place to share experiences with others who may be affected by a loved one’s PTSD.
For more information, call Nina Schlofflel at (209) 532-6119.
RSVP deadline for veterans to be included in the program is Monday. Deadline for lunch reservations for all others is Nov. 10.
For reservations, call Margie Lang at (209) 586-6129.
Family of alcoholics offered support
Several Al-Anon Family Groups are offered throughout the Mother Lode.
The groups are a fellowship of relatives and friends of alcoholics who share their experiences, strength, and hope to help solve common problems, stated a press release.
Meeting locations, days and times include:
• Sonora Alateen, 5:30 p.m., Starbucks, 13761 Mono Way, East Sonora (in The Junction shopping center)
• Noon AFG, 12:30 p.m., Sonora Hills Foursquare Church, 20415 Jamestown Road, Sonora
• Sonora AFG, 7 p.m., Alano Club, 19421 Village Drive, Sonora
• Willow Springs AFG, 12:30 p.m., Willow Springs Clubhouse, 20522 Willow Springs Drive, Soulsbyville
• Women’s Meeting AFG, 5:30 p.m., Sonora Hills Foursquare Church, 20415 Jamestown Road, Sonora