The UCCE Tuolumne County Master Gardeners will be holding an Open Garden Day at the Demonstration Garden on Saturday, April 4, from 10AM – 1PM. The Demonstration Garden is located at 251 S. Barretta Street in Sonora, (Cassina High School Campus.) Open Garden Days are held on the first Saturday of the month, from February through November, rain or shine.
This month we will discuss Growing Your Herb Garden, Berry Care and Maintenance and Soil Preparation for Vegetable Planting. Learn about best practices for both Herbs and Berries, and how to get your soil ready for your spring and summer vegetable gardens.
We will also be having our first Plant Sale of the year. Here is your chance to start your garden right this year with Plants Raised Here to Grow Here! We will have perennials, native plants, assorted trees, bulbs, succulents and house plants available for purchase. If you are looking for vegetables for your garden fear not, we will have a wide variety of vegetables available at the May Plant sale on May 5th, including tomatoes, tomatillos, peppers, squash and herbs.
- Occurred Saturday, April 4th, 2020 @ 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Demonstration Garden251 S. Barretta Street
Sonora, CA 95370
- 13 new cases in Calaveras County
- Jail staffer tests positive for COVID-19
- Man arrested on drug charges
- Deputies seek suspect in dog killing
- COVID-19 cases continue to rise in Tuolumne County
- Amid coronavirus spike, California Gov. Newsom announces new reopening restrictions
- Some recreation areas, campgrounds remain closed through July 15
- Man accused of taking caretaker’s gun, making threats at Cedar Ridge residence