• What: Presidents’ Wine Weekend.
• When: Saturday and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Where: Calaveras Winegrape Alliance member wineries.
• Tickets: $20.
• Information: calaveraswines.org, (209) 728-9467.
The Calaveras Winegrape Alliance will present its 20th annual Presidents’ Wine Weekend at all 23 CWA wineries from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
With the purchase of a $20 commemorative wine glass, participants can have a limited-tasting flight at all member wineries this weekend. Full tastings will be available in each tasting room for an additional fee.
Wine glasses will be available on Saturday only at the Native Sons Hall, 389 Main St. in Murphys.
Glasses can also be purchased on Saturday and Sunday at the following locations in Calaveras County:
• The Calaveras Visitor’s Bureau, 1192 S. Main St. in Angels Camp.
• Ayrael Vieux Vineyard and Winery, 1690 Monge Ranch Rd. in Douglas Flat.
• Black Sheep Winery, 221 Main St. in Murphys.
• Chatom Winery, 1969 Highway 4 in Douglas Flat.
• Coppermine Winery, 3210 Main St. in Vallecito.
• Hatcher Winery, 425 Main St. in Murphys.
• Ironstone Vineyards, 1894 Six Mile Rd. in Murphys.
• Frog’s Tooth Vineyards, 380 Main St., Suite 5, in Murphys.
• Brice Station Vineyards, four miles east of Murphys on Highway 4.
• Val du Vino Winery on the corner of Main Street and French Gulch Road in Murphys.
Cash is preferred for wine glass sales, but credit cards will also be accepted. No reservations are required.
For more information, call (209) 728-9467 or visit calaveraswines.org.
Additionally, the Calaveras Winegrape Alliance recently announced the availability of three $1,000 scholarships for Calaveras County high school seniors. Students must be planning on entering into an agricultural or related profession.
Interested students can contact Sara at CWA for an application or more information. The deadline for applications is Friday, April 1.