The Mother Lode Office of Catholic Charities is looking for a few good volunteers to help strengthen the community, encourage self-advocacy and improve the lives of others.
Catholic Charities manages several programs for older adults, individuals and families that rely on volunteers to be successful.
• Connections & Awareness for Elders (CAFÉ) — Partners provide a connection to isolated and lonely older adults as well as support, encouragement and activities.
• Legal Advocacy Program — Attorneys and advocates offer free confidential legal services, resources and referrals.
• The Mother Lode Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program — Program volunteers advocate for rights and quality-of -life concerns associated with residents living in skilled nursing and residential care facilities.
• Senior Peer Alliance for Rural Research on Wellness (SPARROW) — Compassionate volunteers provide support, encouragement and resources for those feeling lonely and sad or who have trouble solving problems
• Office support — Volunteers work alongside staff to answer phones, greet clients, work on special projects and more.
A one-day volunteer training will be held May 23 in Sonora for those interested in donating their time.
For more information or to RSVP for the training, call (209) 532-7632.
All services provided by Catholic Charities are free of charge regardless of race, religion, or income.