Car-seat safety training offered in Sonora
Adventist Health Sonora and the California Highway Patrol will offer free infant car-seat safety training Jan. 27 at the hospital campus, 1000 Greenley Road in Sonora.
The training will demonstrate how to properly install a car seat and safely secure a baby with a five-point harness.
The training will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. outside of the ground floor Rehabilitation entrance. If there’s rain, the event will be held outside the Professional Center 900 building to the left of the main hospital entrance.
The CHP will hold infant car seat safety training at Adventist Health Sonora the fourth Saturday of each odd-numbered month, except November which will be the third Saturday.
Safety checks are also offered by appointment only at the CHP office in Jamestown. Call (209) 984-3944 for more information.
Hospice will benefit from ‘Take a Chance
on Love’ drawing
The ninth annual Take a Chance on Love Valentine’s Day drawing presented by the Hospice of Amador and Calaveras will be held Feb. 14.
This year’s grand prize is a pair of diamond stud earrings, approximately 1 carat each, valued at $13,000 and donated by The National Hotel and Highway House Restaurant.
Other prizes include:
• Aloha Island Getaway: Seven nights at Sugar Beach Resort, Maui, for the week of June 17 through 23, 2018.
• South of the Border Sand & Surf: Seven nights at a Beach House in San Felipe, Mexico (transportation not included).
• Yosemite Cabin Getaway: Three nights in a four-bedroom cabin at the Redwoods in Yosemite.
• Local Golf Package: Rounds of golf at Castle Oaks Golf Club, Greenhorn Creek Resort and Saddle Creek Resort.
• Airplane Ride and Lakeside Picnic: One-hour scenic flight for two in a float plane with a shoreline gourmet picnic.
• Two numbered and framed originals (one watercolor and one drawing) of local countryside.
Tickets cost $10 each, and those who purchase 10 tickets or more get two for the price of one and receive a voucher for a free dessert at the Murphys Hotel or a free appetizer, the Lover’s Bath, from Small Town Wine Bar in Amador City.
To purchase tickets, call (209) 223-5500 or (209) 736-9442, visit the hospice office at 1500 S. Highway 49 in Jackson or at the Hospice Thrift Store in Jackson or Angels Camp, or online at www.hospiceofamador.org or www.hospiceofcalaveras.org.
The drawing will be held at 2 p.m. at the Hospice Thrift Store in Jackson. Ticket-holders need not be present to win.