Cancer Support Group meets today
The Calaveras Cancer Support Group will meet at 10 a.m. today at Camps Restaurant in the Greenhorn Creek Subdivisiom, 676 McCaulery Ranch Road in Angels Camp.
Guest speaker will be Sara Roberts who will talking about wound care and healing and the effects of radiation. Sara is the Program Director for Adventist Health in Lodi.
open to all
NAMI Tuolumne County is a nonprofit organization that welcomes parents, family members, friends and citizens to become voting members.
NAMI offers support groups, education and socialization for those recovering from mental illness and their families.
General Meetings are held from 7 to 9 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month at Saint James Episcopal Church (the Red Church), 42 Snell St., in Sonora.
Project offers free help to depressed seniors
People age 60 and older who are experiencing symptoms of depression can receive 12 weeks of free in-home counseling or peer support through the SPARROW Project.
The project is a service of the Mother Lode Office of Catholic Charities in Sonora.
For more information, call (209) 532-7632.
TOPS offers support
for weight loss
Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS), a weight-loss support group, meets from 10 to 11 a.m. Tuesdays at the Tuolumne County Library, 480 Greenley Road in Sonora.
For more information, call (209) 213-9265.
Support offered to families of alcoholics
Several Al-Anon Family Groups a re offered throughout the Mother Lode.
The groups are a fellowship of relatives and friends of alcoholics who share their experiences, strength, and hope to help solve common problems, stated a press release.
Meeting locations, days and times include:
• Sonora Alateen, 5:30 p.m., Starbucks, 13761 Mono Way, East Sonora (in The Junction shopping center)
• Noon AFG, 12:30 p.m., Sonora Hills Foursquare Church, 20415 Jamestown Road, Sonora
• Sonora AFG, 7 p.m., Alano Club, 19421 Village Drive, Sonora
• Willow Springs AFG, 12:30 p.m., Willow Springs Clubhouse, 20522 Willow Springs Drive, Soulsbyville
• Women’s Meeting AFG, 5:30 p.m., Sonora Hills Foursquare Church, 20415 Jamestown Road, Sonora.