Dryer sparks residential fire in San Andreas

By Alex MacLean / The Union Democrat

Firefighters responded to a reported structure fire Friday morning in San Andreas.

Cal Fire spokeswoman Lisa Williams said a call came in at 10:35 a.m. regarding a fire at a residence on the 300 block of Barger Court that was apparently sparked by a dryer.

Williams said the fire was quickly contained and no one was injured during the incident.

She said that she wouldn't know what part of the dryer started the fire or how much damage it caused to the structure until personnel at the scene filed reports.

11904007
The Union Democrat
This image is copyrighted.

Reach all of Sonora, Calaveras County, Tuolumne, Angels Camp, Twain Harte, & Jamestown with your items to sell.

Ads appear Online and in Print

View Classifieds Place an Ad

Connect with The Union Democrat

Union Democrat Newsstand

Monday May 30, 2016

Read digital interactive editions of our publications

Read Today's Edition Take A Tour

More Publications by The Union Democrat

View All Publications
Sheriff’s deputies respond to alarm at Sonora KFC

05/26/2016

Tuolumne County sheriff’s deputies responded with guns drawn to a holdup alarm ... more

UPDATE: Probe begins in Don Pedro fire

05/25/2016

Investigators began sifting through the rubble of the Don Pedro Recreation Agency ... more

Tense board meeting ends in resignation

05/26/2016

After months of turmoil between the Mother Lode Fair Board of Directors ... more

Avalon Care Center fined for patient death

05/24/2016

Avalon Care Center in Sonora has been fined $80,000 by the California ... more

Homelessness, high school and the Butte Fire

05/20/2016

Cole Baisch arrived at Calaveras High School around lunchtime as the sky ... more