Murphys tasting room burns Sun.

Union Democrat staff /

An early morning fire Sunday destroyed a wine tasting room in downtown Murphys.

The fire happened at the Renner Winery tasting room, 498 Main St., and was reported at 4:19 a.m., according to Cal Fire, one of several agencies responding to the blaze.

The building was fully involved when fire crews arrived, according to Cal Fire.

Little additional information was available. The fire remains under investigation.

Renner is owned by Dr. Ian and Elena Renner who, since 1995, have grown grapes in Vallecito.

Ian Renner is a gastroenterologist at Mark Twain Medical Center. He couldn't be reached for comment this morning.

Responding to the fire Sunday were the Murphys, Altaville, Angels City, Ebbetts Pass, Central and San Andreas fire departments, in addition to Cal Fire.

No injuries were reported, Cal Fire said.

11889347
This image is copyrighted.

Reach all of Sonora, Calaveras County, Tuolumne, Angels Camp, Twain Harte, & Jamestown with your items to sell.

Ads appear Online and in Print

View Classifieds Place an Ad

Connect with The Union Democrat