Easter arrives Sunday, bringing a multitude of free egg hunts and other special events on Saturday and Sunday. Here is what's happening in the foothills:
• The Groveland Rotary Club will sponsor its 24th annual Easter Egg Hunt featuring free candy eggs and prizes on Saturday at Mary Laveroni Community Park. Children should arrive at 9 a.m. to line up by age bracket.
• Christian Heights Church will hold an Easter Egg Hunt for children 12 and under at 10 a.m. Saturday on the athletic field at 13711 Joshua Way east of Sonora. Admission is free. For more information, call 532-7305.
• The Tuolumne Park and Recreation District will sponsor an Easter Egg Hunt at 11 a.m. Saturday at Tuolumne Memorial Park. Admission is free. For more information, call 928-1214 or visit www.tuolumnerecreation.com .
• The Columbia Chamber of Commerca will sponsor its annual Columbia Victorian Easter Celebration on Sunday in Columbia State Historic Park. An egg hunt for ages 3 to 5 will begin at noon, followed by the Victorian Easter Parade at 12:30 p.m. Parade registration will start at 11 a.m. in front of theFallon Hotel. Children and pets are welcome and prizes will be awarded. After the parade, ages 6 to 8 will search for eggs at 1 p.m. and ages 9 to 12 will hunt at 1:30p.m.A golden egg will contain a special prize. Thaddeus E. Hare also will be present handing out fresh carrots. Children should bring their own Easter baskets. All events are free. For more information, call 536-1672 or visit columbiacalifornia.com .
• Ironstone Vineyards in Murphys will host free Easter Egg Hunts on Sunday. Ages 4 and under will start at 11:30 a.m., with ages 5 to 8 at noon and ages 9 to 12 at 12:30 p.m. Easter brunch also will be available. For more information, call 728-1251.
• The Coulterville Community Club will sponsor "Easter in the Park," its free annual Easter egg hunt, from noon to 2 p.m. Sunday at Coulterville Park in Coulterville. Egg hunters must be from 1 to 10 years old. A special "little person area" also will be available for those 1 to 3 years. Children should bring their own basket or bag. For more information, call 878-3834 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
• The Twain Harte Rotary Club will sponsor an Easter Egg Hunt for children through sixth grade at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Eproson Ball Field in Twain Harte. An egg toss for children and adults will follow the hunt. Admission is free.