Western Communications respects the intellectual property of others and requires that you do the same. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (ìDMCAî), the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office site at http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdftarget="_self">http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf , we will respond expeditiously to notices of alleged copyright infringement that are duly reported to our Designated Copyright Agent identified in the notice below. We will disable and/or terminate the accounts of Users who are repeat infringers. If you believe your content has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide our Designated Copyright Agent the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Our designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is: Jan Even, New Media Director. Phone: 541-617-7849. Fax: 541-383-0372. Address: 1777 S.W. Chandler Ave., Bend, OR 97702. E-mail: email@example.com
You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
We may give notice to our users of any infringement notice by means of a general notice on our Web Site, electronic mail to a user's e-mail address in our records, or by written communication sent by first-class mail to a User's physical address in our records. If you believe that your user submission that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the content in your user submission, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which we may be found, and that you will accept service of process from.
In operating our Web sites, we may act as a "services provider " (as defined by DMCA) and offer services as online provider of materials and links to third-party sites. As a result, third-party materials that we do not own or control may be transmitted, stored, accessed or otherwise made available using the sites. If you believe any material available via the sites infringes a copyright, you should notify us using the notice procedure for claimed infringement under the DMCA. We will respond expeditiously to remove or disable access to the material claimed to be infringing and will follow the procedures specified in the DMCA to resolve the claim between the notifying party and the alleged infringer who provided the content.
Our designated agent (i.e., proper party for notice) to whom you should address infringement notices under the DMCA is: Jan Even, New Media Director, Western Communications, Inc., 1777 S.W. Chandler Ave., Bend, OR 97702. Phone: 541-617-7849. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.