Twain Harte Elementary reclaimed the team championship at the 42 annual Pinecrest Invitational held Friday at Dodge Ridge.
Sixty-seven skiers and snowboarders competed in the long-running event.
“It was a huge success this year,” said Bret Rimmer, event director. “We had 10 schools participate, including Sonora High for the first time in many years. We had over 60 competitors and we had a good showing for snowboard girls. I was really happy to see the two biggest high schools in the county participate. Overall, it was really successful and we had a lot of fun.”
Twain Harte and Pinecrest have traded titles since 2010. Soulsbyville finished in second place with Pinecrest third.
Twain Harte was led by 5th-grader Danny Kelsay who won the individual elementary ski title and 8th-grader Mackenzie Gast who finished second for girls.
Also winning events were: Dawson Robles, Souls, elementary boys snowboarding; Liberty Rimmer, Pine, elementary girls skiing; Zoe Simmons, Summerville, elementary girls snowboarding; Nathan Clark, SV, high school boys skiing; Chris Steinhoefel, Sonora, high school boys snowboarding; Emily Hartle, SV/Connections, high school girls skiing and Megan Harless, SV, high school girls snowboarding.
The event is an annual fundraiser for Pinecrest Charter and this year over $2,000 was raised through selling T-shirts, barbecue lunches and baked goods.
42nd annual Pinecrest Invitational
Friday, At Dodge Ridge
1. Twain Harte, 2. Soulsbyville, 3. Pinecrest
1. Summerville High, 2. Sonora High
Elementary Boys Individual Skiing
1. Danny Kelsey, TH, 2. Evan Lear, Souls, 3. Jett Simanachi, Col, 4. Matthew Hartwig, Pine, 5. Connor Tipton, Souls
Elementary Boys Snowboarding
1. Dawson Robles, Souls, 2. Ryan Dalrymple, Pine, 3. Zach Marquez, SV, 4. Brenan Macdonald, TH, 5. Kevin Lund, SV
Elementary Girls Skiing
1. Liberty Rimmer, Pine, 2. Mackenzie Gast, TH, 3. Kaylee McClanahan, Belleview, 4. Kelsay Burr, Curtis Creek, 5. Anna Bruno-Souls
Elementary Girls Snowboarding
1. Zoe Simmons, SV, 2. Hope Flores, Pine, 3. Alex Simmons, SV, 4. Kayla Lloyd, Pine, 5. Shiloh Lloyd, Pine
High School Boys Skiing
1. Nathan Clark, SV
High School Boys Snowboarding
1. Chris Steinhoefel, Son, 2. William Allenbaugh, SV, 3. Bryce Sanguienetti, Son
High School Girls Skiing
1. Emily Hartle, SV/Connections, 2. Anneka Pisula, Son
High School Girls Snowboarding
1. Megan Harless, SV, 2. Kristiana Ross, SV
Pinecrest Charter, Twain Harte Elementary, Soulsbyville Elementary, Belleview Elementary, Summerville Elementary, Sierra Waldorf, Gold Rush Charter, Curtis Creek, Summerville High, Sonora High.
The Union Democrat is now online in a Replica E-edition form and publishes Tuesday through Saturday. E-Edition or Print Plus subscribers have full access.
If you are not a current subscriber, subscribe today for immediate access. Circulation: 209-533-3614
Weekly Arts and entertainment guide for Calaveras and Tuolumne counties