>Sonora / Tuolumne News, Sports, & Weather, Angels Camp, Twain Harte, Jamestown | Union Democrat

News Classifieds Web
web powered by Web Search Powered by Google

Home arrow News arrow Local News arrow Portable heater sparks mobile home fire

Portable heater sparks mobile home fire

A mobile home was burned in a fire Tuesday afternoon in Columbia.

The fire was reported at 4:39 p.m. on the 22200 block of Parrotts Ferry Road. The fire was sparked by an unattended portable heater, according to Cal Fire.

There were no injuries.

A bedroom was destroyed in the blaze and portions of the house were damaged.

One cat died in the fire and one was rescued.

The fire was controlled at 6:32 p.m.

Cal Fire estimated the damage at $20,000 and a $10,000 content loss.

Follow UnionDemocrat.com

News
Local / Sports / Business / Stocks / News of Record / State / Nation/World / Obituaries / Submit News
Opinion
Editorials / Letters
Photos
Union Democrat Photos / Community Photos /
Classifieds
Search Classifieds / Jobs / Autos / Homes / Rentals / Place an Ad
Online Extras
Weather / Local Business Links / Community Links / Photo Reprints
Union Democrat
About / Contact / Commercial Printing / Subscriptions / Terms of Use / Site Map

© Copyright 2001 - 2014 Western Communications, Inc. All rights reserved. By Using this site you agree to our Terms of Use