Firefighters responded to a reported structure fire Friday morning in San Andreas.
Cal Fire spokeswoman Lisa Williams said a call came in at 10:35 a.m. regarding a fire at a residence on the 300 block of Barger Court that was apparently sparked by a dryer.
Williams said the fire was quickly contained and no one was injured during the incident.
She said that she wouldn't know what part of the dryer started the fire or how much damage it caused to the structure until personnel at the scene filed reports.
The Union Democrat is now online in a Replica E-edition form and publishes Tuesday through Saturday. E-Edition or Print Plus subscribers have full access.
If you are not a current subscriber, subscribe today for immediate access. Circulation: 209-533-3614
Weekly Arts and entertainment guide for Calaveras and Tuolumne counties